Death and Dying
The Dead refers to any player which has been killed during the course of the game.
A player can end up being through any of these means:
- They can be executed for treason at the end of a trial, if the majority of players find them to be guilty.
- They can be killed during the night by the following abilities:
- The Alchemist's Emerald Potion (Neutral)
- The Assassin's Assassinate (Unseen)
- The Assassin's Nightshade (Unseen)
- The Assassin's 2-For-1 (Unseen)
- The Butler's Nightshade Wine (Blue Dragon) - Only if you are The King.
- The Cult Leader's Blood of Mithras (Cult) - Only if you are a Cult Member.
- The Cult Leader's Eradicate (Cult)
- The Cult Leader's Rupture (Cult)
- The Death Knight's Cold Steel (Blue Dragon)
- The Death Knight's Sacrifice (Blue Dragon) - Only if you attacked their target.
- The Death Knight's Rotting Passive (Blue Dragon) - Only if you are the Death Knight and you've been alive for 3 days.
- The Hunter's Retribution Passive (Blue Dragon) - Only if they are executed and you are the first accuser.
- The Hunter's Bear Companion (Blue Dragon) - Only if you attempt to attack the Hunter.
- The Hunter's Wolf Companion (Blue Dragon)
- The Inquisitor's Ruthless Efficiency (Neutral) - Only if you are a magic user.
- The Knight's Cold Steel (Blue Dragon)
- The Knight's Sacrifice (Blue Dragon) - Only if you attacked their target.
- The Mercenary's Rebound (Neutral) - Only if you accused their target of Treason.
- The Paladin's Smite (Blue Dragon) - Only if you are The Cult Leader who tried to convert their target.
- The Possessor's Possess (Neutral)
- The Possessor's Puppet Strings (Neutral)
- The Prince's Execute (Blue Dragon)
- The Reaper's Reap (Neutral)
- The Sellsword's Revenge (Unseen) - Only if you accused an Unseen member of Treason.
- The Sorcerer's Magic Missle (Neutral)
- The Sorcerer's Circle Of Death (Neutral)
- Suicide - Some classes commit suicide (The Knight, The Mercenary and The Butler) if a certain condition is met. Additionally, leaving the game will make you commit suicide at the end of the next night.
Beyond The Grave
If you're dead, that doesn't mean you can't make a difference:
- The Psychic can hear you at night, due to their passive Call The Dead.
- The Physician can reanimate you as a Death Knight if you are a member of the Blue Dragon.
- However, The Reaper may use your immortal soul to empower their abilities.
While dead, players will appear in the graveyard at night and can somehow chat freely, this chat will appear in a ghostly texture. Some reports have included sightings of The Reaper, who is rumored to reside below a passage deep beneath one of the graveyard monoliths. No soul has ever returned from finding out for themselves -- at least, never returned with their soul intact.
Dead players can bet on the deaths of living players.
- During the day, they can bet on who will die that night.
- During the night, they can bet on who will be executed the next day.
- Players bet a flat amount of 5 gold. The amount they win will be based on how many players are alive at the time of their bet.
- If a player dies from bleeding, poison, disconnection, sacrifice, or if a class besides the Knight commits suicide, you will not lose or win any gold.