Converted Class: The Timesnatcher/The Ritualist
|Pocket Dimension||Day||2||If you die tonight, delay it for 2 nights. This will delay bleeding and poison in addition to attacks. Deaths delayed this way cannot be redirected with Distort Reality.|
|Time Warp||Night||∞||Delays a player’s death for 2 days. This will delay bleeding and poison in addition to attacks. You can prevent a death multiple times. Cannot delay unhealable attacks or suicide.|
|Distort Reality||Night||∞||Redirect a player’s death you prevented with Time Warp to another player. Can be healed and does not bypass death immunity.|
- The Chronomancer's Time Warp goes after The Physician's heal. So if a Physician and Chronomancer heals the same target who is attacked, the physician will get the heal message, while the Chronomancer's ability "fails".
- Since The Chronomancer cannot delay unhealable attacks or from suicide, they cannot save someone from being reaped by The Reaper, being jumped by The Possessor or getting attacked by an empowered killer.
- Unlike The Physician, multiple Chronomancers who use Time Warp on the same player the night that player would have died will not receive the same feedback. Only the first Chronomancer in the player list will successfully delay the target's death. All other Chronomancers targeting that player will receive feedback indicating that the target did not die.
- Delayed deaths can be prevented by night immunity.
- Keep track of Physician and Alchemist claims in the game, as they are able to heal poison and bleed effects, usually one day before the victim dies to them. This means Time Warp will only be effective on bled/poisoned targets if the healers are dead or focused on protecting someone else.
- Another possible strategy is to guard Physicians while they handle the poison/bleed effects around the court, since they will certainly be targeted by direct attacks.
- Distort Reality can be used on anyone but yourself and the player whose death you prevented. You can use it on targets who claim to have immunity, such as the Inquisitor, Scorned, Pretender or even Alchemists who may have stone-skinned.
- You can also redirect it onto a player being shielded by The Mercenary, triggering the shield. Just make sure the target is not an important member of the Blue Dragon like The Prince, just in case the Mercenary is really The Sellsword.
- Targetting neutral claims, while sometimes ill-advised, might be the best course of action, especially if the person you are saving claims BD. Most people who are attacked and killed are indeed not evil, and neutral claims are only allies if it suits them. You will probably save a BD life and might even find a night immune class.
- Unlike the Knight, the Chronomancer does not commit suicide if they kill a Blue Dragon class. This means you are granted a bit more freedom when taking blind guesses at suspicious claims that might be true.
- While healable and non-bypassing, your attack can also target the King. Evil Kings might not guard after revealing their true colors, since their own faction won't attack them. Killing them in the night might save BD some time and let them put someone else on trial the next day.
- Keep track of the attention you earn yourself. If you find yourself leading the court for the day, be sure to use Pocket Dimension.
- If you succeed, do not forget to redirect your own death 2 days later.
- If you die after delaying a death, there is no way to redirect it, and the person you saved will die after two days.
- With proper timing and some luck, you can use use Distort Reality 2 nights in a row. This means a Chronomancer can kill people with limited night immunities, such as the Inquisitor, Scorned or even a Reaper. Since Pocket Dimension is a day ability, this strategy does not affect your survivability in the slightest.
Our scouts are still looking for this information.
Night RoomYour character sits cross-legged while galaxy particles and stars fly around. If the particles make your game framerate too slow, try using it on the game's lowest graphical settings.
September 2018, Patch 2.0.0