** This class does not appear in Casual Mode.
Converted Class: The Sage/The Ritualist
The Court Wizard has the ability to swap players at night, redirecting attacks, conversions and investigations alike. This is an enormously powerful but hard to use power.
If a Blue Dragon ally is recently revealed, they are probably going to be killed or converted. Try using your Tornado ability to swap targets of the confirmed Blue Dragon with one you believe to be suspicious to get them to accidentally kill their own evils or fail at a convert attempt.
Don't forget that Tornado can also get your allies accidentally killed, if used incorrectly! If you do this, be sure to apologize to the dead.
Although there are more ways to use Tornado as the Sage converted counterpart, there are still many ways to use your Tornado ability, only limited to your creativity.
|Clear Mind||Day||4||Make a player conversion immune tonight.|
|Empower||Night||∞||Grant a player a buff depending on their class type (see Mechanics).|
|Tornado||Night||3||Cause all players targeting one of your targets to target the other. Doesn't change occupy immune players' targets. (Bypasses Redirection Immunity)|
- Your Tornado bypasses immunity to redirection (this includes The King's redirect immunity).
- Your Tornado does not show as a visit to The Observer.
- Your Empower has a different effect based on what class type the target is:
- Investigative: Will always get accurate results (immune to Warp, Frame, etc.). The one exception is The Mastermind's In The Shadows.
- Killer: Their attacks cannot be healed (this does not make their attack bypass death immunity).
- Offensive: Becomes death immune.
- Social: Becomes conversion immune.
- Support: Target will be guaranteed to visit their target (Bypasses occupation, redirection, visit prevention, etc.).
- Special: None.
- If two Court Wizards Tornado the same person, the Court Wizard higher on the player list will get priority and swap the target first. The second Court Wizard will get redirected. As an example:
- The two Court Wizards are  and .  decides to swap  and  tonight,  decides to swap  and . The result will be:
For : Swap  < >  – Success.
For : Swap  < >  – Redirected from  to  – Swap  < > .
- The Court Wizard has a very powerful ability, Tornado, which can make Assassins attack themselves, make conversion fail and redirect attacks towards other suspicious players. It can, however, also hinder The Blue Dragon players by rendering players protected by Knights or Physicians vulnerable and interfere with investigation results.
- Players visited a target of Tornado will know their target has been switched, and who with.
- The only other classes in the game to be able to swap players is the Ritualist and the converted The Sage. They will accordingly often claim Court Wizard.
- If you know The Inquisitor is going to attack you because he may think you are The Sorcerer, you can use tornado on yourself to redirect your attacker to an other target, proving you are a Court Wizard and not The Sorcerer.
- Using the Court Wizard's new Empower ability, you can really swing the game into BDs favour. But you have to make sure that it targets the right classes. For example, finding The Butler or The Drunk is ideal as then you can have them deal with tricky scum while staying alive. Using all resources available to your advantage
“Ancient knowledge of fire and ice shall ward off foes of any kinds, for I am the staff of the king.”
"I find solace in my warded room at night, but fear this may be my last. I used the last of my magic to summon forth a runed spell of protection to guard me this night - I hope it will last.
At first light, I found myself still breathing! But I discovered those closest to me begin to fall without the faintest sound of fading life. I suspect our King is not who he says. Those that speak up are at risk to be executed for treason against the realm. I have already seen too many falsely slain by coercion and trickery.
Sun sets and I swiftly scribe in my journal my final thoughts to leave behind for the others -- That the king is not of our faction -- but is a traitor! ...a member of the Unseen.. My brothers, I fear you may be next--"
Night Room: Wizard's Room