Are you dead?
The Dead refers to any player which has been killed during the course of the game.
A player can end up being through any of these means:
- They can be executed during the Trial phase if they are voted for Treason by the majority of players and then determined to be guilty.
- They can be killed during the night by the following abilities:
- The Alchemist's Emerald Potion (Neutral)
- The Assassin's Assassinate or Nightshade (Unseen)
- The Butler's Toxic Wine (Blue Dragon) - Only if you are The King
- The Cult Leader's Blood of Mithras (Cult)
- The Knight's Cold Steel (Blue Dragon)
- The Mercenary's Rebound (Neutral) - Only if you accused their target of Treason
- The Paladin's Cleanse or Smite (Blue Dragon) - Only if you are a Cult member (Cleanse) or attacked the Paladin (Smite)
- The Possessor's Possess (Neutral)
- The Prince's Execute (Blue Dragon)
- The Reaper's Reap (Neutral)
- The Sellsword's Revenge (Unseen) - Only if you accused an Unseen member of Treason
- Suicide - Not technically a class, but some classes commit suicide if a certain condition is met, additionally, leaving the game will make you commit suicide, so don't do it.
- The classes that commit suicide are the Knight (If they Cold Steel a Blue Dragon member), the Noble (If their twin dies) the Mercenary (If they fail to find a second target or if their second target dies) and the Butler (If they poison a Blue Dragon or Neutral King)
Death is not the end
If you're dead, that doesn't mean you can't make a difference:
- The Priest can hear you at night, and can even bring you back to life if you're a Blue Dragon member.
- If you're a Cult Member, The Apostle allows you to speak with the living Cult members while you're dead.
- However, not all is good, The Reaper and The Soulcatcher may use your immortal soul for nefarious purposes.
While dead, players will appear in the graveyard at night and can somehow chat freely. Some reports have included sightings of The Reaper, who is rumored to reside below a passage deep beneath one of the graveyard monoliths. No soul has ever returned from finding out for themselves -- at least, never returned with their soul intact.
Whispers can be heard, but none have been reported.
While dead, you will have access to a mini-game, betting on the next player to die to earn GP.