Converted Class: Immune to Convert
The initial King will be assigned to Blue Dragon (65% chance of appearing) or Cult/Unseen (35% chance of either appearing, only if the faction is present, and the Cult King will not spawn in Casual Mode).
If the King is Neutral (by being crowned from a Neutral class that is not a Neutral Killer), he only has to Survive the game. If the King was crowned from the Neutral Killer and becomes Psycho King, his goal will be to kill everyone who is from the major factions and Survive. If the King is assigned to the Blue Dragon, Cult or Unseen faction, he must eliminate the opposing factions. The Neutral and Psycho Kings can't be assigned as the starting King.
If the King didn't survive the night, a self-nomination process is started to find the replacement. Royal classes will initially be able to step forward to replace the King. If only one Royal steps forward, that Royal becomes the King. If two Royals step forward, a ballot to choose the next King from the two candidates will be opened. If there is no Royal who steps forward, every class can step forward to become the next King. Then the candidates will have the time to talk and try to get the votes needed to become the new King. If there is no candidate after two consecutive rounds of self-nomination, a vacuum of power occurs, where there will be no king for the rest of the game. In the late game if there are less than 5 players alive after a King's death, there will be no more nominations for King.
|Immune to being occupied at night and immune to target changing.
Additionally, your abilities don't count as visits.
|The King's next vote for treason will count twice.|
|After the final vote, the King can veto the votes and decide if the fate of the person defending themselves. If the King decides to execute, the player on the stand is executed. If the King decides to pardon the player on the stand, they can't be accused of treason again that day.|
|The King can summon a guard to protect a player. The guard will sacrifice himself for that player if an attempt is made on his life. Whether the guard actually saves the player or not, the guard is spent.|
- The starting King is always player number 1.
- Your night abilities do not count as visits, and can't be seen by Observers.
- You cannot use both The Royal Finger and Decide Fate on the same day.
- The King's name will always be Golden when they speak in chat.
- The Noble's Gossip ability and The Aristocrat's Intrigue cannot see feedback for your Guards!
- Be sure to keep up with the leads people give you and do something with the information people give you, otherwise you will be dubbed a Useless/Evil King and the Butlers will poison you!
- If you are the Neutral King, it's generally better to not claim Neutral as people can get very itchy about your faction and will vote you up instantly for it. Act like a Good King instead.
- If you are a Neutral King/Evil King, it might be a good idea to eliminate The Butlers as they can poison you, get an Alchemist on your side, to protect you from the Butler's Nightshade wine.
Lore: The Burden of the Neutral King
"What did I do to deserve this?" The cry of the Neutral King. Never did he wish for the burden of the crown nor the sweet cries of his many children. Often do we lament the passing of his wife, the former Queen, to forces outside of his control. Never does he wish for more power, for he knows that his life grows ever-shorter. His son, The Prince, in his shame, shuns him and his daughter, The Princess, who weeps for her pathetic father, never giving thought to any but himself. However, he knows they are after him - he also knows that if he were to cross either side of the line, even slightly, he would earn the blade of those who took his dear wife. “Perhaps a Mercenary will offer a reprieve," he thinks, but does not truly believe.
No, the only way out is to consolidate his own court behind their shields; for he knows that the war between his children and their enemies will one day reach its end. One side will break and the other will rise -- and the other side is what will spread across the Kingdom. For even with a kingdom and all its riches, the Neutral King wishes only for peace, either for the kingdom or himself, and it does not matter which.
-- Loremaster Magnasword2
Night Room: The Royal Quarters